So, another election cycle is over and the nation can now turn its attention to what really matters – food! Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and if you’re like us, you can already smell the turkey and pumpkin pie. In case you aren’t ready just yet, stop by and pick up a cookbook to help you plan for the big day.
But don’t neglect yourself. Get away from the relatives and the shopping (or take advantage of your downtime) with one of these holiday-themed items. Don’t stop at just one — it’s okay to have seconds! Have a Great Thanksgiving!
- The Ghost at the Table: A Novel by Suzanne Berne
- Giving Thanks: Thanksgiving Recipes and History, From Pilgrims to Pumpkin Pie by Kathleen Curtain, Sandra L. Oliver, and the Plimouth Plantation
- A Great & Godly Adventure: The Pilgrims and the Myth of the First Thanksgiving by Godfrey Hodgson
- Mayflower: A Story of Community, Courage, and War by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Switcheroo by Olivia Goldsmith
- The Thanksgiving Ceremony: New Traditions for America’s Family Feast by Edward Bleier
- The Thanksgiving Day Murder by Lee Harris
- Thanksgiving Night: A Novel by Richard Bausch
- The Thanksgiving Visitor by Truman Capote
- The Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell